Unmanned Airspace White Paper
Cyber takedown – the next generation of more effective counter-UAS technology
Philip Butterworth-Hayes, Editor of Unmanned Airspace, and renowned Consultant on Air Traffic Management and Civil and Military Aviation issues, puts to the test a new type of mitigation system – cyber takeover. The potential of using cyber-takeover methods rather than current and legacy counter-UAS technology is immense:
- It is surgically precise without causing collateral damage
- It allows for continuity of service as the incident is being managed (including authorized drone operations)
- It provides a proportionality of response
- It can be configured for both mobile and static applications
- It gives the C-UAS operator considerable flexibility in defining the defensive envelope
- It works in urban or built-up areas
- It allows for a precise analysis of incidents, which can be used for forensic reporting
- It can be constantly updated to take account of new threat types
But does it really work and what are the limitations?
Download the White Paper and find out.